Is the introductory Course of the "DSD - Digital Smile Design", is the first of the Complete DSD Series.
This Theoretical-Practical Course will describe all the steps necessary to be able to perfom easly the whole DSD sequence with Keynote or Power Point.
The digital tools today available for the clinician are of such support for Communication and to Planning that we cannot "excused" not to have a thorough knowledge of these instruments that simplify our treatments and optimize the success of our profession.
For those colleagues who do not have confidence with the tools and procedures described below, they should consider this course mandatory, since the concepts of this course will not be repeated during the following courses.
- Face and Smile pictures (an iPhone, Blackberry or pocket cameras will be used in order to demonstrate that is not necessary to have a professional setup to perform the Digital Smile Design. Obviously those who have already a good level camera kit can surely use it)
- Patient video interview (an iPhone, Blackberry or pocket cameras will be used)
- Download of photos and videos on the computer
- Downloading updated versions of Keynote or Power Point 2010 (if necessary)
- Open presentation software
- Screen proportions (4:3, 16:9, 3:1)
- Setting the background color (solid colors, fading colors and pictures)
- Guides and rulers
- Slide duplication
- Keybord shortcuts
- Setting the tools in the toolbar (new, play, themes, view, master, text, shapes, comment, rec, ignore, mask, alpha, group, ungroup, top, back, colors, settings, font)
- Transitions (dissolve, cube)
- Insert text (fonts, effects, colors)
- Insert lines (color, thickness, design)
- Aligning techniques (use of keybord keys: shift, cmd, alt, crtl)
- insert shapes (proportions, dimensions, fillings, lines, transparency)
- Insert face pictures (dimensions, image correction, contrast, luminosity, saturation, sharpness, exposure)
- Dupliceate images
- Aligning photos in the slide (3 images equidistant, centered and aligned)
- Insert guide lines from the ruler and positioning in the slide
- Rotation tool
- Mask tool
- Insert intraoral pictures
- Alpha tool
- Insert lines and smoothing the curves
- Adjusting lines and shapes: managing the nodes, add nodes, cancel nodes, move nodes, join nodes, duplicate lines, duplicate shapes, flip tool)
- Tracing lines on the intraoral pictures over the gingival margin, papillas, incisal edges and around the tooth shape)
- Trace lines on the centrals, laterals and canines. Duplication of lines, flipping and simmetric placement of lines and shapes on contra-lateral teeth
- Mask of picture (floating tooth)
- Supraimpose the floating tooth on a picture
- Basic simulations (lengthening of an incisal edge, make a wider and longer tooth, closing a distema... the digital Mock-Up)
- Insert a comment and a text box in a slide
- Convert a slide into a JPG file, in a Power Point presentation, in a PDF or in a videoclip
- Introduction to Dropbox: installing the software. Sharing folder with the member of the Team and updating files
- Introduction to Skype: instralling the software. Video-conferencing and sharing the screen
- Add a video in a folder and in a presentation
- Duplicate a videoclip, simplified editing inside Keynote
ALL THE STEPS WILL BE RECORDED AND GIVEN TO THE PARTICIPANTS
Wednesday, October 8th 2012
8:45 am Registration
9:00 am - 1:00 pm Step-by-Step Demonstation of the DSD Protocol
1:00 pm - 2:25 pm Light lunch
2:25 pm - 2:30 pm Group Picture
2:30 pm - 6:30 pm Hands-On Session
THE COURSE WILL BE IN ENGLISH,
CONSECUTIVELY TRANSLATED IN ITALIAN
- Laptop Computer (MAC or PC) with mouse and power cord
- Presentation Software (Keynote for Mac or Powerpoint 2010 for PC... note that older versions of PPT do not have the tools necessary for the DIGITAL SMILE DESIGN)
- iPhone, Blackberry or Pocket Camera for pictures and video (interview with the patient) or Office Camera Kit - with power cord and connection cables
Dr. Andrea Ricci graduates from University of Perugia in 1996.
After a three years training program he achieved the Certificate in Advanced Prosthodontics at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles.
Since 1999 he limits his practice to prosthodontics, periodontology and implant dentistry with special emphasis to the aesthetic areas.
His office in one the Leading Dental Centers of the World.
He is the Scientific Director of IDEAT (Institute of Dental Education and Therapy).
He is an Active Member of the European Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (EAED), Active Member of the Italian Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (IAED), Active Member of the Italian College of Prosthodontics (ICP) and an Associate Member of the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry (AARD).
For informations contact us at:
How to Become Affiliate Members?
To become affiliated member is very easy. You just need to register, completely free, to www.ideatitaly.com
Advantages of Affiliate Members?
You will be updated on LIve Webs and On-Site Corses.
You will receive discount packages on the purchase of Live Web Series.
IDEAT Italy is an institution that has as its goal the organization, promotion and dissemination of scientific events in dentistry mainly via the Internet (Live Web or video conference), but also through hands-on courses for dentists and dental technicians.
The objective of this project are: Quality, Innovation and Cost-Effectiveness.